Saturday, November 13, 2021

Winter Weather

 We survived a week of school and haven’t caught the stomach bug yet.  If we can make it through next week, we will be able to see family for Thanksgiving!  My house is the (hopeful) gathering spot, but we absolutely cannot gather if we end up with a stomach bug.  One year one of us gave the Noravirus to my BiL (kidney transplant recipient) and he ended the holidays in the ER.  All of us that can have been vaccinated, and we’re going to celebrate mostly outside.

In the meantime, it’s cold outside.  Outside chores are animal care and stacking/hauling wood.  My headaches have been a little less bothersome, so I found more time to sew. I even redrafted the Christmas candle block to be four candles instead of three.  I also finished the gingham block.




I also finished the flimsy and basted my 16-patch quilt.  It’s not behaving quite nicely, but I am aware that’s my sewing skills, not the fabric.  I think it will be fine.  I’m using a back I dyed myself this summer (with added strips of squares as it wasn’t quite wide enough).  It might go to Miss G’s teacher for a Christmas gift if Miss G approves.

There are errands to run today, so I need to wrap this up!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope you all stay well so you can celebrate!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sounds like you had a good week, and got a lot done! I, too, hope we all stay well for the holidays and can see family. I enjoy seeing your pretty blocks and really love the 16 patch quilt!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy to hear that you managed to find some time to sew, Katie. Congrats on finishing up your 16-Patch quilt top! Surely, Miss G will deem it a teacher-worthy gift, won't she? If I were her teacher, I would LOVE to receive it!!

Ivani said...

Love your 16 patch quilt top, it will be a beautiful gift to a special and lucky teatcher.
Hope you all stay health and celebrate the holiday with family.
Have a great week.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...