Monday, December 14, 2009

the House is On Fire...

Not mine, thank God.

I woke this morning to a smoke-smelling bedroom. First I thought maybe one of our vaporizers bit the dust, but not bones. Then we looked outside and realized a house was on fire... our back neighbors, to be exact. DH ran over to make sure everyone made it out, then found them at our next door neighbor's in their PJs. He promptly made a phone call and found a few sets of clothes for the girls, then volunteered me to make breakfast.

Breakfast for 11 is a long process when you're used to cooking for 3 or 4. Lunch was easier because I have been freezing meals for when the baby is born... there are 3 less meals in the freezer, but I didn't have to run to the store to make them a meal. Tonight it will be chicken soup - I already have broth and cooked chicken in the freezer, and I like to make BIG batches of soup already. Thank God (sincerely) that I had already frozen some meals. Their roof is caved in, and I don't know what will happen next for them, but at least I can feed them!

Too bad I don't have any extra quilts to give too.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...