Sunday, December 20, 2009

2009 Stash Goals in Review

While I have time (the girls are still asleep with DH, which never happens!), I thought I would review my goals for the year from Judy's Stash Buster Pledge. I wanted to:

Goal #1. Use 50 yards more than I bought. Check. Right now, I've more than meet my goal, and I doubt I will receive 15 yards of fabric over the next week.

Goal # 2. Use up a box of "yuckies" that were mostly smaller than 1/2 yard and none that I loved. I was able to do that with the above scrap quilt, as well as other small projects. There are a few lingering, but have been cut for an ongoing strip twist, so I think I can count this as completed.

Goal #3. Buy it only if I love it, and stop buying 1/4 and 1/2 yard pieces. I didn't do so well here. I did buy significantly more yardage this year, but still found myself buying lots of smaller pieces, many for the Assistant and others just because I wanted to buy a variety of fabric, and didn't have much money to spend. I was, however, more conscious of this fact and am still working on reducing my purchase of small pieces.

Goal #4. Make one charity quilt. I finished one of Judy's quilts and gave it to a former student having a baby. I also finished a scrap quilt and gave it to my sister for a friend who was giving her baby up for adoption. So, I met and surpassed this goal too. That's good - if I can't give to others in need, what's the point?

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...