Thursday, December 31, 2009

Stash Goals 2010

Goal #1. Use 50 more yards than I buy (and simply rein in the buying a little, too!). I have a baby due in April and hope to get back to quilting quickly, but I will have three children 4 and under and don't know yet when/if the Assistant will be attending pre-school. I originally typed in 25 yards, but I wrote in my journal 50, so why not try? Along with this, I would like to finish a project before I go out and buy more fabric. That will slow me down a little (as will hauling 3 kids through a quilt shop - do you think they will shudder when they see me coming?).

Goal #2. Donate a charity quilt. I don't often have a quilt on hand to give away, but it seems every time I finish a quilt and say, "I don't know what I'm doing with it," God provides a need. I'm sure in the coming year we will find plenty of needs.

Goal #3. Use up a box of yuckies. I picked another box of fabrics I bought and don't love or just am sick of seeing. Those will go towards things such as: door draft stoppers, charity quilts, test samples, and other things that need fabric but don't necessarily have to be matchy-matchy. There is a yard of fabric in the box that DH picked out and I can't for the life of me figure out what to do with it. I want to use it or lose it this year!

Goal #4. Learn and execute a new quilting skill. I am leaning towards paper-piecing but don't know if I will be that brave.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Lori in South Dakota said...

great ideas! one donation quilt--with 4 little kids that's a big thing! And like you said, when you're not sure where to go with one, God provides a need. I need a window draft guard--I have a couple of drafty windows! the window has swelled and now with it being so cold I can't get it locked shut. sigh I hate cold weather!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...