Sunday, December 27, 2009

Stash Report Week #52

I finished the patriotic quilt! Woohoo! Now to find a camera... Maybe one of my goals for 2010 should be to keep a camera hidden from the girls...

DH gave me some lovely blue star fabric along with the book "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day."

I threw away some fabric that neither I nor anybody else was every going to use.

IN this week: 3 1/4 yards
IN YTD: 179 1/2 yards

OUT this week: 14 1/4 yards
OUT YTD: 257 yards

YTD Total: 77 1/2 yards OUT!!!

I'm really surprised that I've done this well, as last year I believe I ended 28 yards in the hole. If I bust this much fabric next year, there are going to be some empty boxes in the closet. In fact, a few years of this and I won't have a stash. Maybe I shouldn't try to bust 50 yards next year...

I am glad to be home from Christmas with the in-laws. It was the most difficult trip we've ever had, I think, and very hard on DH. I just tried to laugh and smile when I was supposed to. (But please don't tell my in-laws I said that. Do you hear that, BiL?) The girls really enjoyed seeing all the grandparents, and my BiL is getting married in six weeks to a lovely, lovely girl, and we made it to Christmas Eve Mass, so the important things were there.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Donna said...

We travelled on holidays when our son was little, and I remember how difficult it was for so many different reasons. When he was 5, I put my foot down and that was the end of it.

I've never regretted that decision. We have 364 other days in the year we can visit our families.

Good job busting all that stash!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Great job this year! Good luck next year.

Tamera said...

Way to go! Can't wait to see what you do next year!

SpinningStar said...

Happy New Year!

You did great this year! And you will love that bread book. I use parchment paper instead of getting a pizza peel, which are actually hard to find.

Liz

Mel said...

Way to go!!!
Doesn't it feel good to reduce instead of increase?

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...