Saturday, December 5, 2009

Stash Report Week #49

Do you know that we have 3 cameras in this house and I can't find a single one to take a picture? I happen to know the Assistant kidnaps the cameras and hides them from me when she gets a chance!

This week has been a sewing frenzy as I only had to work (briefly) on Monday and Thursday. The girls and I have spent most of the day upstairs sewing until nap time, when we adjourn to the fireplace for some warmth.

I received a lovely gift (sorry, no pic thanks to the Assistant!) of 1/4 yard fabric for some selvedges I sent out a while ago. I also used it this week!

I also purchased 1 1/2 yards shopping (1 yard for me, 1/2 yard for the Assistant). I've used 6" of her fabric so far.

DH needed a "blanket" for the fridge - weird, I know, but I like to humor him when I can. That was 6 yards out.

I am teaching a friend to sew, and we finished her apron this week, so 2 1/2 yards out. (Lori, did you notice the A word there? How are yours coming?!)

For the Assistant for a Christmas present, I made her a doll quilt. I was able to finish it without her seeing the top - hurrah! That was an Advent miracle for sure. 1/2 yard out.

IN this week: 1 3/4 yards
IN YTD: 171 3/4 yards

OUT this week: 9 yards
OUT YTD: 229 yards

YTD Total: 57 1/4 yards OUT

This week we had seven projects to work on: some denim ABCs, Q's quilt, the Unbaby Quilt, the Patriotic quilt, "blooming nine-patch," a dress for the Assistant (a reward for a potty victory), a doll quilt for the Assistant and a doll quilt for the Screamer. The ABCs are cut out and 6 are sewn. Q's quilt is being machine quilted with straight lines. I've almost finished another block on the U.Q. The Patriotic quilt is a top with a backing pieced and reading to be ironed. The BNP is growing. The dress has sleeves but not skirt. The Assistant's doll quilt is done and the Screamer's is ready for binding. I don't like working on so many projects at once, but it seemed like every time I blinked, there was another one on the list. My hope for next week is to narrow down the remaining 6 to 5 (4 would be lovely!). I will be busting some serious stash, as I haven't bought anything new for the above projects!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Lori in South Dakota said...

Yes, I noticed that "A" word!! My friend is coming for a visit after the first of the year, I made her promise we would make APRONS!! I even have the fabric picked out! Sewing with a friend is always so much fun! (And why did your husband want to wrap your fridge in a blanket??) Now THAT I want a picture of!

Scrappy-Quilter said...

look at you! over 200 yds used this year! WOW! you have my totals doubled. What is a fridge blanket I would love to see photos when you have one.

Penny said...

If you use an apron, do you have to cook? I am afraid that is what would happen around here. Way to go using up 9 yards. You were very very busy this week.
Penny

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...