Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bring a quilt in public, and suddenly everyone talks to you!

This Tuesday, I had my glucose-tolerance test at my OB/GYN to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes. Since you have to drink nasty glucose-water and then sit around for an hour, I figured I would bring my sister's quilt to work on. Since it's a baby quilt, I figured it was small enough to be inconspicuous, but I laughed at the number of people who felt they had to comment on it. I sure am glad I brought it, as my doctor had to leave (just before he came to see me) to deliver a baby, and I ended up having plenty of quiet time until he came back!

Last night, someone tried to break into DH's truck, so I couldn't sleep, and between the extra-long doctor visit Tuesday and the late night last night, I managed to finish her quilt! DH says he would probably have put the dark in the middle, but I was working with my stash, and this is how it worked out. That's okay - it's for a baby, and babies don't care if the color order is perfect!

Then, today, I decided I would take a picture of it and the patriotic quilt before I forgot or lost the camera! The patriotic quilt is entirely of scraps left from another quilt (I was going to link to it, but can't seem to find the post!) that I didn't want to deal with any more!

The Screamer is sick again (why, God?), so we are having a quiet day that involves lots of laundry.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Alzbeta said...

Oh, Katie, I love, love, love it! (Daniel was quite excited as well :)). That's one happy little baby quilt.

Kim West said...

I love your baby quilt... it is very cute! I have a soon to be niece or nephew coming up and that is a great idea!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...