Saturday, January 16, 2010

Stash Report Week #3

No Quiltathon for me this weekend. Instead, I spent the day watching the kids and providing meals while DH learned how to butcher chickens. We now have 8 yummy chickens in the freezer, so I'm definitely NOT complaining. We came home and the girls and I went to sleep for 2 hours. It was glorious.

This week, I received some more birthday goodies, including some of Lori's people fabric. I also shopped at JoAnn's, purchasing some yardage to go with a piece of fabric DH purchased, as well as some yardage for dresses (one in pink, for the Assistant). All in all, it is going to take me a while to redeem my purchases, but I did spend some time gathering fabrics I would like to use in various projects. There is one birthday gift I haven't totaled yet... it's home decor fabric, and I didn't want to open it, but it will be on next week's report!

IN this week: 7 1/4 yards
IN YTD: 35 3/4 yards

OUT this week: 0 yards
OUT YTD: 10 3/4 OUT

YTD total: 25 yards IN

I also used one spool of thread.

This week, I plan to quilt another block on the Unbaby Quilt, quilt two corners on the turquoise "Blooming 9-Patch," and make progress on my "Aunt Martha's Irish Chain." I am definitely regretting that I chose the pattern I did for the Irish chain. It is full of 32 triangles in each block, and there is no nice way to speed piece most of it. I will also be working on wedding gifts for my BiL and his fiancee.

Check out the other stash reports at Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Amy said...

That is a lot of triangles.

Quiltsmiles said...

Love your report, you make me feel so much better, thanks! You have grand plans of projects to get accomplished this week. Good luck. Besides having 32 triangles per block, YIKES!

Quiltsmiles said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Lori in South Dakota said...

the people fabric is fun, put it in a scrap quilt where those smiling faces show, they just always cheer me up every time I see them. Butchering chickens, LOL!! The most I have ever done is 50 a day. And I've done a LOT of chickens. Finally my husband said as much as he loves chicken, he will just order chicken when we eat out--he HATES to have to help with that job. (He was one of the feather pickers in the assembly line, and carrier of heavy things!) And I do hope you don't plant all 40 acres to a garden! ROFLMAO!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...