Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Cold in more ways than one...


I was born on this day, many years ago, right before the 10 o'clock news. I don't remember what the weather was supposed to be back then, but today it's going to be filled with blowing snow, maybe ice, and tomorrow the high is 5 F. If it's really that cold, we're going to spend all day in front of the fire place, not the sewing machine, so that we can feel our fingers!

Our influenza/bronchitis/whatever this nightmare is, is slowly receding. I'm ready to be done coughing, but at least I can sleep at night. DH will tell you a funny story about how I kept saying I couldn't sleep because I couldn't breath. I did have trouble breathing, between being pregnant and having so much mucus in my nose and throat that I couldn't get enough oxygen to my brain.

Today we will NOT be having a birthday party as my sister, BiL, etc., don't want to catch this nasty bug from us. Maybe next week! Today, my mom's bringing lunch and I'm going to sew up a storm. I really need to finish these curtains, as I heard a rumor that the Assistant took DH fabric shopping for my birthday. I don't want to have another bad report this Sunday!

Fortunately, the girls are content to watch movies today (although they refuse to watch the same one!), and nobody's crying with fever.

I'll leave you with a picture of the Assistant's first-ever snowman from last week, before she was sick.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Lori in South Dakota said...

Happy Birthday, I bet we all enjoyed the snow much more when we were younger! Can't wait to see what the Assistant helped DH pick out!

Alzbeta said...

Sissy,

I hope you get to celebrate soon! I've been praying that you will feel much better sooner rather than later. Will you email me the picture of the Assistant and her snowman so that I can put it in her scrapbook? I love you!

-me

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...