Sunday, January 2, 2011

Design Wall Monday

This is over 50% of my yellow stash, and only two pieces are larger than a fat quarter.  Alzbe, my sister, says she thinks I should buy some more yellow.  Then again, if she were the quilter, most of her stash would be yellow.  I'll be making a table runner, but I've not finalized my pattern.  When I buy yellow, I'll buy two chucks larger than a yard each.  At least I'll be able to do something with them!
This is less than 3 yards of fabric all told.  Maybe I should expand my color horizons a little?


Want to see more developed ideas than this?  Check out Judy's design wall (and others, too!).

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

Here is the Assistant wearing her Noni's glasses, teaching class.  Too cute!

7 comments:

Kate said...

That's one thing about challenges, you always learn something. I found out last year that I didn't have much yellow other than fat quarters either.

Living the Lewis Lifestyle said...

While I am not a "yellow person" those fabrics are pretty! I think it will look very nice altogether :)

Kathie said...

I don't have much yellow either and I love yellow. Guess it has been all used up.

Alzbeta said...

mmm...yellow. You know I love it! Thanks for calling this morning! It really lifted my spirits.

Alzbeta said...

oh, and love, love the picture of the assistant :).

Chris said...

I don't seem to have much yellow either, for some reason. I like your selection thus far :)

Alycia said...

I like your yellows! Maybe add a contrast color to it, and you'll have enough to make a lap quilt?

You will have fun with it!!

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...