Saturday, January 1, 2011

Stash Report #1

IN this week: 0 yards
IN YTD: 0 yards

OUT this week: 0 yards
OUT YTD: 0 yards

An excellent start to the year!  I visited a yarn shop and bought yarn for a scarf for DH.  We then visited a quilt shop and a hat shop and bought nothing!  I need to raid my yellow stash to see if there is anything for Judy's Monochromatic Challenge, but if DH gives the order, a purchase of some yellow may necessary.  I'm planning a table runner for my younger sister (hi, Sis!  You'll forget about this by next December, won't you?).  DH had the same response as Judy - yellow? yuck!  I think it will be fun, even if my stash is sadly lacking yellows.  I buy them, but I use them up for my sister!  My UFO #6 is placemats for the atrium.  In my brief moments without a baby in my arms, I've cut the fabric, batting, and binding!

I finished quilting one row of Pink Things for the Assistant (only 20 more to go!), and started sewing the boxes for my Favorite Things quilt into rows, which means border #4 of 8 is well underway.

Bear Cub Q is ill (again or still, I'm not sure) with 101 F fever, so quilty progress may be slim to none.  This virus that has been circling my family (siblings and their kids too) is lingering even if it's not potent the whole time.  I will be relieved when I don't wake to a feverish baby for a while.  The poor boy couldn't sleep on the 30-31, so it was a long night for all of us.

Check out the other stash reports on Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Poor baby Q. Poor parents! Sometimes the bug just goes round and round. Hmm--I'm STARTING my 2011 stash report on the 1st, anything in the week before is "lost in time"!! Happy New Year!

Alycia said...

Poor kiddo - heres to getting better and being done with it... oh and getting some new yellows!!

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...