Sunday, January 9, 2011

Stash Report Week #2

I am a year older.  It's a good thing I don't feel any older, or I might get worried about getting older...

I love a good gift card.  For Christmas, I received two great gift cards.  With one, I bought a roll of batting, paying only $15 out-of-pocket.  Excellent.  With the second, I had a Hobby Lobby shopping spree, buying candles, a new oil lamp, duct tape for DH, and some fabric.  Make that yards and YARDS of fabric... 27 3/4 yards of fabric.  I had no idea Hobby Lobby now sold Kona solids, but now I know!  I didn't pay a penny... in fact, there's still money on the gift card for DH to buy Mod Podge.  Yes, I'm supposed to be on a no-buy year, but I did caveat that I would buy for my birthday.  What else do you do with a big, fat gift card to a place that sells fabric?  Besides, almost everything has a plan, even if the plan for the yellow is to make sure I actually own a piece of yellow fabric larger than a fat quarter!


I also had a small gift card to JoAnn's and bought a replacement background fabric for my yellow table runner.  Our JoAnn's is moving, so it was already getting bare.  That's fine - if it hadn't been for the gift card, I wouldn't have gone shopping there anyhow.

Then I had a 25% off coupon to a quilt shop, so I bought 4 yards of fabric.

My UFO is just awaiting hand-stitching on the binding, so I should have some improved numbers next week. (I have 4 of the 5 placemats finished, but that last one just won't be done.)

IN this week: 35 1/2 yards
IN YTD: 35 1/4 yards

OUT this week: 0 yards
OUT YTD: 0 yards

YTD Total: 35 1/2 yards IN

Check out the other stash reports on Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

Kathie said...

Happy birthday!!! Wow you got some great gift cards. Nice you got all those solids, I am running out of "go with" fabrics in my stash. That will help freshen your stash and you will be able to do so much more with it.

Jo said...

Have fun sewing...I knew Hobby Lobby had Konas. They have tempted me a couple times.

Joanne said...

It sounds like I should be glad that there is no Hobby Lobby around me. You got some great fabric. Have fun creating!

Unknown said...

I'm anxious to see what you create with all of your purchases!

Alycia said...

Gift Cards are a great idea - can't wait to see what you make with all your goodies!

Penny said...

Ooooo I love Hobby Lobby and their Kona Cotton. You really did some mighty fine shopping. What a haul with very little out of pocket expense. Happy Birthday! Now just enjoy that fabric.

Lori said...

looks like it was a great birthday. I only count fabric IN when I have to pay for it!

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...