Sunday, August 18, 2013

Back to Square One Mystery, Step 8

Oh, how I love this project.

The directions are very clear and the illustrations are very nice.


I'm stretching my wings a bit (square in a square blocks, for example, and mysteries for another), but not so much that I want to balk at completing the project.


Oh, how I don't like that my cutting and sewing could be so much more accurate. The inner border of square in a square blocks is too full, as I think my quarter inch seam allowance was too small.  I do see hope for improvement, as the latest step fits like a dream.  More seams met nicely, and the borders didn't need generous easing.

I still struggle with needle/tension issues.  My machine wants to eat the corners, regardless of squares or triangles.  I'm getting better at catching it, but am not sure what part of using hand dyed fabric makes my machine jealous.

What will Judy deliver next?  I'm sure I'll love whatever she chooses!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

Millie said...

Your quilt picture this week looks like a beautiful painting. I love it.

Kate said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the soft colors you are using.

Anonymous said...

I love your colors! Sewing thought: Have you ever tried using spiders (scraps of fabric) to get started sewing? That may solve your corner issue. - Andrea

fiberobsession said...

The hand dyes look so beautiful in this quilt, so different from the batiks I'm using. The quilting will really stand out on this one. It's looking lovely.

fiberobsession said...

The hand dyes are so beautiful in this challenge, so different looking from my batiks. The quilting will reallly stand out on this one.

Gail said...

Your quilt is turning out absolutely gorgeous!!!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...