Friday, August 2, 2013

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Red

Ooh, I forgot to snap a picture of my red scraps.  Maybe, if you look at this mess, you'll understand why...
 By next week, I should have a cleaned-up picture of my space to share.  There's just too much going on right now!
I managed to stitch up my red spools.  Now that I've sorted them into color blocks, I think I'll be dividing them up with tan sashing.  The quilt needs a little more width and length, and there might be just a little too much color smooshed together for me!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

10 comments:

scraphappy said...

Good luck with the clean-up. Not the most fun job, but it is so nice to have it done. Great looking spools collection. I really like the way you have them grouped.

Julie in GA said...

Your spool blocks look great together!

Sheila said...

Your rainbow spool look great together to me :D

Angie said...

Cleaning up is a never-ending job. Sigh. I don't even have kids at home anymore, but still the clean-up goes on! I think that's why quilting is so soothing - we can actually finish something and it stays finished! Have fun with your spools - I like the current arrangement, but sashing could be interesting too!

Betty Lou said...

Good looking spools, I like the way they are all squished together, looks more scrappy that way.

Sarah said...

Nice spools. I'm not sure if I would divide them up. Would be good to see some sashing between to compare?

Cathy said...

Fun spool layout!

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow - love what you are doing with your spool blocks!!!

Faye said...

your blocks look great together!

Kate said...

Love the spools, lots of color.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...