Saturday, August 17, 2013

Roses are Red...

... and so are my scraps!

First, you might remember my picture of two weeks ago, the messy playroom/sewing room.  My favorite little man, who took this fabulous self-portrait


helped me make the playroom look like this:


There's still tidying to be done, but the worst of the massive ironing is over, and we cleared up the train tracks off the floor.  Whew!

Meanwhile, I've knocked out a few more 9s and 6s.  I also finished my 2" squares and my spool top, both of which can be seen in this post.  I already have the spools quilt top basted and a quilting plan made.  Next week, if the school days are as peaceful as today's was, I will have it quilted and ready to send to my grandma.  I may try to use a few more spools to whip up a pillowcase, but haven't decided on that just yet.
Be sure to check out other scrappy red projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Your projects are all looking terrific! I love the way your spools top turned out.

Julierose said...

Oh, I do like the red and oranges together...the white makes all the difference! Great work...hugs, Julierose

Deb A said...

Looking great! I can't wait for a couple of hours of school quiet time this week. Good luck with your quilting and congrats on finding the floor. I have no clue what our floor of the playroom looks like - darn it, something else to do while the kids are in school.

Cathy said...

9s and 6s are looking good. I've never seen this pattern and I like it.

Angie said...

Love how the spools turned out! Please do share the big finish!

Sheila said...

What a cute little guy :D
Your blocks are looking great! Please share a picture of your finished spools.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...