Saturday, August 31, 2013

Red-Letter Day


90 9s and 6s complete.  While the design wall holds the completed ones, they are by no means in their final order.  Since I believe I need 156 for my final layout, I may need to revisit my yellow and orange stash for more 2" squares.  I will also add brown, and have separated my 2" brown strips in preparation for cutting more when it's a brown month.

I needed the extra red week but am now ready to move onto another color.  What do you think it will be?

Check out other red projects as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

11 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Your blocks are looking great together, and brown will be a very good addition. I suspect that will be our color for September.

Ellen said...

Your blocks look terrific together. They are going to make a fantastic quilt.

Cinder Gal said...

You are very ambitious! 156 blocks? Wow. And you're more then half way there. It will be lovely when you're done.

Lori said...

Dearest Katie--love your blocks. How much rain have you had in Kansas? With my new technology I have a hard time finding your blog. I'm working on it Katie!

Sarah said...

This is looking stunning. I wonder what will be Septembers colour?

Kathy's A Quilter said...

I love your blocks and I am guessing Sept colour will be pale blue.

Edith said...

Wow, you're almost there, I'm looking forward to Septembers colour, I can't even guess, a change will be nice.

Deb A said...

Love how your design wall is looking. I think it will either be brown or black.... although maybe she'll do those baby colors? Guess I'll have to wait a day!

Lynne said...

Wow! That looks amazing! Looks like a lot of patience on show!

Teresa in Music City said...

Such a nice progression of color!!! This is going to be really special when you are done :*)

Kate said...

Love all those colors. It's going to be gorgeous when you get all the blocks done.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...