Friday, February 7, 2014

Easter Egg Skirts and other scraps

I wrapped up my mugrug using pink scraps and grey stash fabrics.
 I also finished all my letters for the kids.  The Assistant picked some fabulous hand dyed fabric from Vicki Welsh.  I would have picked the grey and pink for the front instead of the back, but they're not for me!

 I cut my scraps, and after portioning out what I need for blocks, these stacks of 2.5", 2", and 1.5" are all that remain!


When I made a matching skirt for a friend, she said her daughter looked like an Easter Egg in her skirt!
The Assistant is modeling hers (it's ALMOST too short), and there is another for her sister, with three tiers of purple and two of pink.

Last year and the year before, I made a number of these twirly skirts.  I cut these purple and pink skirts for my girls, grew tired of the endless pinning and zigzagging, and put them away to do "later."  While, I suppose, these do not fit a technical definition of using scraps, they were cut from my stash and abandoned, so they were my Rainbow Scrappy Challenge project for the week.  Now they'll be crossed off my UFO list and I can update them on my short list as well.

I've been sewing Carrie Nation blocks and sampler blocks in between, so next week I will have more to show!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

9 comments:

Kate said...

The mug rug is so pretty. You've been busy, letters and skirts. Twirly skirts are the absolute best when you are a little girl!

Looking forward to seeing your scrappy update tomorrow.

make.share.give said...

The skirts are so cute and they totally count this week- pink and stash.

soscrappy said...

What cute trwirlies. Glad you found a reason to finish them up.

Nell's Quilts said...

You've been busy! The twirly skirt looks like so much fun. So spring like in our harsh winter this year.

Deb A said...

Girls and twirly skirts are a must! I'd say it counts as Pink and a UFO. Great job getting them finished.

ratama said...

The letters are great!

Marly said...

Nice twirlly skirt; it looks like fun.

Elly D said...

Love your mug rug! You have some very pretty pink scraps. The twirly skirts look like miles of sewing! I remember making a tutu style skirt for my dd when she was going to ballet and then another as a halloween costume. Endless yards of that netting type fabric.

Alzbeta said...

You are such a sweet mama, always with a project for your wonderful babes! Love you!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...