Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pink Elephants

We have some under-the-weather kiddos right now, including a wee one year old who only wants to be held, so my sewing has been limited.  (And I know this too shall pass, and they are only little once... it's not a complaint to say my time was limited.  Just reality.  I am happy to spend time cuddling!)

I finished two more 2" blocks to add to last year's to aim for my goal of 35.
 I also finished my six Carrie Nation blocks for the month.  Seeing them with the blues gives me ideas as to how I would remake the pattern in two colors, one for the larger squares and one for the smaller.  Hmmm...
Check out the pink projects that are part of the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge.  It will brighten your day!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

13 comments:

Deb A said...

Oh. I love the idea of a 2 color Carrie Nation block. That would be really neat as a baby quilt - pink and green, blue and yellow. Thanks for the ideas. Might use that for a commission one soon.
Hope they little are feeling better quickly. Snuggle time is good but so much easier when they are feeling healthy.

Marly said...

Lovely blocks, well done. You've done more that me and I don't have kiddos at home any more.

Marly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Those are tiny, but aren't they fun. I am sewing some 1.5 squares together still have a long way to go. That looks like a great pattern to use some scraps.

Lisa said...

I hope your babies get well soon! I love all your blocks. Never knew there were so many shades of pink!

Nell's Quilts said...

Those Carrie Nation blocks look so nice in the two colour setting you have. Hope baby is better soon.

Kate said...

Hope the kiddos are feeling better soon. It's that time of year when stuff is going around.

Love the Carrie Nation blocks.

Sheila said...

I hope everyone at your house is well soon. Love your blocks : )

Dasha said...

The Carrie Nation blocks are looking just fantastic!

Julie in GA said...

It seems like everyone's kids are sick lately. I hope yours are better soon.
I love your Carrie Nation blocks!

Cathy said...

Despite all the cuddling it sure looks like you got a lot of lovely blocks finished.

scraphappy said...

Enjoy your cuddling time. I do miss those days.

Lori said...

Cuddle the kids, you're so right, they grow up too fast!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...