Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Falling Leaves

Adapted from a pattern from Judy Laquidara's book, Weekend Quilts, "Falling Leaves" is finished!


Every year (until all my kids are in school, at least), I am trying to make a quilt for each main teacher my girls have.  I kinda forgot about this plan until the fall.  When the girls asked their teachers for favorite colors, both said green.  Well, there went my chances of making both quilts as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.


I pulled everything from my stash, which made me happy, and went to work.  Judy's directions are always lovely and clear, so I had no issues aside from a few measuring goofs on my part.  I decided to quilt this with a leaf and loop pattern and was fairly happy with the results.  I still have some tension issues, but may be time for my machine to be thoroughly cleaned.


Spunky is looking forward to giving the quilt to her teacher (when we are done with snow days, that is!), and I do hope she enjoys it. We won't wait for the end of the year as her teacher is pregnant and I don't know when maternity leave will begin and end!


from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I need to make one of these quilts. I really like it and it would be great for green scraps.

Kate said...

Beautiful quilt. I've got Judy's book and keep coming back to the quilt. Maybe one day.

You are brave to tackle those quilts. I made 5 last year for the middle school teachers DT had for more than 1 year. They didn't get them until school started this year!

Living the Lewis Lifestyle said...

Very unique!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...