Sunday, January 17, 2016

Hexagon Hand Quilting

I'm slowly moving along with hand-pieced hexagon quilt.  Each hexagon is a different star or snowflake fabric, and so far I've managed to quilt a unique pattern into each "snowflake" of 13 hexagons.  My goal is three sets of hexis a week so that I'll be done by May.  I must admit that the "slow stitching" nature of the project means I put it off until the last thing each day, which is never a good choice.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I prefer to start my day with a few stitches. It makes me hurry thru my chores to get back to put in a few more stitches. Love the bright colors in your hexi quilt. So cheerful on a winter's day.

Julierose said...

Just beautiful Love your colors...hugs, Julierose

Kate said...

Beautiful quilt. Sometimes it is just hard to fit something in at any other time of the day.

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...