Monday, January 4, 2016

Scraps to Treasures: Finally Revealed

I talked about this quilt much of the summer, but I had to keep the pictures to myself as this was part of a challenge.  Each participant received the same sets of 6" squares.  Each square had to be cut down from the original, and we could add a certain number of 6" squares as well as fat quarters in order to finish a quilt that was at least 36" x 48".
The day I emailed the picture of my finished quilt, I learned the organizer passed away from a heart attack.  Things were in flux for a while, and finally we had voting and the reveal, so I can post this picture here.

This was my first experience piecing diamonds, and I can definitely see how I improved over the eight points.  I can also see where I was in a hurry and didn't attend well enough to my points, but in the end it's a lovely quilt and I'm happy with the results.  It finished about 54" square.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

What a pretty quilt! Looks like it was a good challenge. But it's really sad about the organizer.

Kate said...

Wow! Beautifully done! Love the rainbow star points. Glad you were finally able to post this.

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...