Friday, November 4, 2016

November UFO Update

I finished 3 UFOs this month: the appliqué quiltmy mom's quilt, and an added mug rug/mini.  I added three projects: the aforementioned mug run/mini, a teacher quilt, and I cut a scrappy quilt for next year.

Active(ish):
1. Tell it to the Stars
2. Stockings (7 of 8)
3. Bits and Bobs
4. Odd Fellows
5. Placemat for PK
6. Mini 9s
7. Rose appliqué 
8. Hourglass blocks
9. Plus quilt
Not Started Yet/Delayed:
1. Scrappy DWR (I'm collecting fabrics still)
2. Pillow (I don't currently need another, but the fabric was passed from a beloved deceased
3. ABC appliqué 4. Orphan blocks

October 1: 12 UFOs
Finished: 2
Started: 3
October 31: 13 UFOs

I finished the Bricks teacher quilt and decided to "trash" the embroidered pillows.  When I took a good look at the pattern, I didn't know most of the stitches and really don't want to add more/different hobbies outside quilting.  My sister took the patterns, and if she ever wants to do them, she can, and if not, we can pass them on.

I started a new travel quilt (the rose appliqué), cut for another scrappy quilt (hourglass blocks), and cut the final teacher quilt.  Fortunately, I should finish two quilts in November, so I'll be able to reduce my numbers.  I won't make it under 10 before year's end, but I will have cut my list from January's 21!  The quilts I'm cutting will all finish next year as my Rainbow Scrap projects, so if I could finish up the stockings and my TTS quilt, some real UFOS would be done.


from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Wow, down almost 10 quilts from January. That's pretty impressive! Congrats on having such a productive year.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...