Saturday, December 17, 2016

2017 UFO Challenge

Judy Laquidara has some quilting mojo back, so she's hosting a low-stress UFO challenge in 2017.  Each month, she plans to draw a number, and we're all invited to finish that UFO.  Since I no longer have that many UFOs, I decided to divide up the remaining quilting on my Tell it to the Stars (Judy's quilt-a-long/mystery quilt in 2014).  It deserves some fabulous hand quilting, which I started but never finished.  I spent November and some of December this year tackling the outer border, so I could bind it before the edges frayed any more.

My numbers will be:
1. Blocks 3, 4, and 5
2. Blocks 6, 7, and 8
3. Blocks 9 and 10
4. Blocks 11 and 12
5. Finish the outer white border
6. Two sides of the green and grey border
7. Final side of the green and grey border
8. Two sides of grey setting triangles
9. Two sides of grey setting triangles
10. Chains
11. Two sides of white filler
12. Two sides of white filler

This should be plenty to keep me busy for a year, and the monthly check in will keep me motivated!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

maggie fellow said...

great idea to substitute but really not that many UFOs?

Angie in SoCal said...

Wonderful solution to working throughout the year. Best of luck. Here's to a finish in 12/17.

Beausoleil Quilts said...

I love the colours in your Tell It To the stars. It will be wonderful to get it finished. Mine is a UFO too- up to the setting.

AnnieO said...

A modified plan but still great way to make progress and end up with a finished, beautiful quilt.

Kate said...

What a great idea. I'm kinda playing along with Judy, but I probably will ignore the number of the month, at least till I get the graduation quilts done.

Jennifer said...

great idea! I've always loved the colors on your TITTS quilt! good way to get it done- and low pressure... I finally sorted out my UFOS, and got them cataloged and blogged. I'm looking forward to knocking off some of my long-time UFOS.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...