Saturday, December 24, 2016

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Christmas Eve

What have you been sewing?

I've managed a letter or two a day on my yellow orphan alphabet quilt. (I need to find a better name than that!). The bottom three rows are together, and while I see a touch of waviness, it's doing very well for an unplanned quilt!  I've chosen the color schemes for the last five blocks, and I think (I think) I can finish the main top before the end of the year.  I think I still need borders, and I make no promises about those.

As my "in between" sewing, I've been working on the chain blocks for Garden Party.  These stand a good chance of being done before the end of the year as well, since the craziness in holidays is over this weekend and I have nothing planned for next week!

Today is PK's baptism, so who knows if I'll even make it to the basement today.  It's all good, and all in good time.  No worries if I don't, and if I could just get rid of these pesky migraines (two in the past four days, or the same one rebounding), I'd be a happy camper!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your letter quilt, Katie! Such a great idea, and it will be fun to look at with all the different sizes and styles of lettering. So sorry to hear about the migraines... That is SO not fair for a busy mom, and at Christmas, too. Sending wishes for pain free days!

Chantal said...

What a busy weekend you have in store. And migraines to top it off nicely!! I put ice/cold pads on the Atlas vertebrae when I have a migraine. (top of neck, base of skull spot) It reduces the migraine to an acceptable level, well low enough for me to function. Hope it works for you too. May you have a wonderful holiday, filled with laughter, loved ones, pleasant surprises and health. Hugs. ;^)

Deb A said...

Oh no! I hope the migraine goes away and stays away. Your ABC's quilt is coming along great. Wishing you all a healthy Christmas.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Bumblebee Alphabet??? Happy Baptism Day, PK!! Feel better, Katie, as migraines are NO fun!!!

gayle said...

Ooooh, I like 'Bumblebee Alphabet'! Those blocks look like fun to play with, too. Looking forward to seeing the finish!
Wishing you good luck with the migraines. Not a nice distraction at all!

Kate said...

I was thinking "Spelling Bee" when you mentioned needing a different name. Glad you've been able to get in some stitching with a new little one and all the holiday madness. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Sheila said...

Fun Quilt!. I do hope you will be feeling better soon.

Quilting Nonnie said...

I love your alphabet quilt. I like how you did it in 2 colors. You've inspired me to make one, but when is the problem! I hope you get everything done that is needed. I have migraines also and they sure can ruin the holidays, along with any other day. Cheer & Sympathy, Terri

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...