Saturday, December 31, 2016

Stash Report Week #53

There were some Christmas gifts, and some frivolous shopping, and some intentional shopping, so my numbers took a turn for "the worst."  I received 10 yards for Christmas (which I ordered for myself.  DH does not excel at ordering gifts in a timely fashion, but he does excel at working hard and taking care of plumbing, etc., so I learned to order my own Christmas gift).  I bought 5 yards of Christmas fabric for gifts for nieces and nephews next year.  I did a spur of the moment, end of the year order of 11 yards, and I would rather count it now at the end of the year than tank the new year's numbers!  Finally, there's the buying I've done for a Christmas quilt I'm going to start when the bigs go to Ireland next summer without me.  I intended to keep the fabric set aside and coaunt it when I enjoyed it, but, again, I may as well affect the passing year!

So all told...

IN this week:  47 yards
OUT this week: 0 yards

IN YTD: 146 yards
OUT YTD: 142 1/2 yards
YTD Total: 3 1/2 IN

I'm content with my numbers, as I'm being more deliberate with purchases, have gaps still to fill in my stash, and am making a concerted effort not to buy my favorite color, since it makes up roughly 1/5 or more of my stash!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

(I will try to add photos later, but in case I forget, I'm posting while I have the chance!)

2 comments:

Charlene S said...

Nothing wrong with getting a favorite color. If it is your favorite, you probably use it often or you may be like me and just fondle it. I personally love 4 colors: black, red, teal, and green. Combinations of these show up in all my quilts!

Kate said...

Sounds like you made some very judicious purchases. I did the same at the end of the year. You have to buy to use. You did a very good job of using up some serious stash this year. Hope you 2017 is even more productive.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...