Friday, December 2, 2016

December Goals

In November, I hoped to...
1.  Manage the scraps: trim (done!), more Bits and Bobs, and finish Odd Fellows (also done!).   All done.

2.  Finish the teacher quilt (a plus quilt).  All done, all from stash.

3.  Make progress on the Rose Appliqué.  Three roses complete.

4.  Finish the purple and pink log cabin quilt.  Done.

5.  Make progress on Tell it to the Stars.  It's long overdue for more quilting.  I've decided to tackle the borders first, so I can put the binding on and save the fraying edges.  I've finished the wide green border on 3 1/2 sides, so I'm moving along.  Half more and I can apply the binding.

If time permits: the final stocking and the baby's placemat.  Negative.  The new pattern hasn't come out for the stocking, and the placemat is in my sister's lovely hands.

I did also complete a quilt from orphan blocks, quilt the Assistant's quilt, and make a pillow cover. All in all, I felt it was an amazingly productive month.  I think that's what happens when I have the hard and fast deadline of a new baby's imminent arrival.

In December, I hope to...
1.  Keep up with scraps: trimming and Bits and Bobs.

2. Get the binding on TTS.

3.  Keep on working on the rose appliqué.

4.  Cut the pieces for my "Garden Party" quilt.

5. Finish the Assistant's quilt.

6.  Get the pink, purple, and green orphan blocks to a top.  This is a collaboration with Spunky.  Very "liberated."

If it works... the placemat and stocking.  I'm going to be induced December 14, so there's not much time!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

scraphappy said...

Best of luck with your December goals. Looks like you will be busy.

Kate said...

Good luck with your December goals. That's a lot in a short amount of time, but if anyone can get to it, you can.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...