Thursday, December 1, 2016

December UFO Update

Active(ish):
1. Tell it to the Stars
2. Stockings (7 of 8)
3. Bits and Bobs
4. Placemat for PK
5. Mini 9s
6. Rose appliqué 
7. Hourglass blocks

Not Started Yet/Delayed:
1. Scrappy DWR (I'm collecting fabrics still)
2. Pillow (I don't currently need another, but the fabric was passed from a beloved deceased)
3. ABC appliqué
4. Orphan blocks

November 1: 13 UFOs
Finished: 4
Started: 2
November 30: 11 UFOs

I started (and finished) a pillow and a pink and purple log cabin quilt.  I also finished Odd Fellows and the plus quilt (woohoo!).  Odd Fellows is "the" accomplishment of the year, in my mind.  I also finished a baby quilt made from my blue orphan blocks, but since the orphan tub isn't empty yet, I don't really get to count it in or out.  I am collaborating with Spunky on the next orphan quilt, in mainly pink, purple, and green, and it's, um, very improv.  I look forward to following her lead on this quilt, even if it's a stretch for me.

I don't foresee any of the above projects being completed in December.  #1 is hand quilting, and I have months to go.  2 is waiting for a patten release, 3 and 6 are long term, 4 is waiting on my sister, 5 and 7 are new for next year.  I'm currently chipping away at the orphan blocks, but since my induction date is now 13 days away, I don't anticipate wrapping up that goal either.  I'm having fun, which is the important part, and I'm grateful to have finished up so many aged projects in the last few years!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Mlada said...

The sister will work on it this weekend and, if nothing else, bring it down December 12 when we come for an appointment.

Kate said...

Still lots of progress. Your list went down not up. Hope you have some time for stitching between now and the 12th.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...