Sunday, January 1, 2017

January Goals

In December, I hoped to...
1.  Keep up with scraps: trimming and Bits and Bobs.  Done!

2. Get the binding on TTS.  Done!  I also finished the white border.

3.  Keep on working on the rose appliqué. Done!

4.  Cut the pieces for my "Garden Party" quilt.  Done!  I even sewed all the chain blocks!

5. Finish the Assistant's quilt. Done!

6.  Get the pink, purple, and green orphan blocks to a top.  This is a collaboration with Spunky.  Very "liberated."  Done!  I totally finished it.

If it works... the placemat and stocking.  I'm going to be induced December 14, so there's not much time!  Placemat done, stocking pattern ordered.

I also finished a new flimsy, Spelling Bee, to use up yellow, black, white, and grey orphan blocks and scraps.

In January, I hope to...
1.  Sew up some new scrappy projects and keep up with old: trim scraps, Bits and Bobs, 5 Garden Party blocks, 20 mini 9s, 20 hourglass blocks, and four Barn Dance blocks.  The color for the month is purple.  I have one lonely orphan strip in purple, so rather than create more blocks, I hope to find a small project to use up the strip.

2. UFO hand quilting: quilt blocks 9 and 10.

3.  Finish "Spelling Bee."

Time permitting, I may work on pillow cases, DH's stocking, or the rose appliqué.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Julierose said...

Nice finishes last December for you!! I have set myself some goals--but will be working slowly on them--I am not good with deadlines--had too many when I was a working gal...looking forward to seeing your projects come to life Happy New Year to you and yours, Julierose

Kate said...

You had a great December! Congrats on all the progress, along with the new little one. Good luck with your January goals.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...