Sunday, January 15, 2017

Slowly Quilting Along

I have a massive hand quilting project that has been waiting, basted, for two years, for me finally to tackle it.  This is the year!  I'm determined to use Judy's UFO Challenge as a monthly accountability update, so I've divided the hand quilting into 12 parts.


This month, my goal was to quilt blocks 9 and 10.  This included outlining the entire block, from chain to border, and the colored pieces in the middle. It also included filling in the white space and the colored pieces, but not the chains or border, as those will be for another month.  So far, I've outlined and done the white.  I still have two weeks to do the actual block, so I'm happy with my progress.  If I finish the two blocks this month, I'll move on to the only partially done block on the quilt, number 3.  Wish me luck, since I have this to admire:
I'm linking up to Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday (for the first time, I think, but hopefully not the last).  I'm hoping this will keep me motivated to make progress.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

9 comments:

Chantal said...

Oh! Katie! I can admire him all day too. He's so beeeeaaauuutiful!! Good luck with your goal. ;^)

Deb A said...

That little one is adorable! I don't know how you get anything done without sitting and watching that one all day long! I know.... the others keep you occupied too! Great way to have the challenges work with you to keep you motivated. Looking forward to future link ups. (Hope that nasty bug is keeping away from the rest of you!)

Julierose said...

Such a sweet baby---I love your hand quilting--just beautiful work..this quilt will be gorgeous..hugs, Julierose

Quilter Kathy said...

Great idea to break up the quilting into manageable deadlines!
You are doing great! I would not be able to tear my eyes away from such a magical beautiful baby!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

gayle said...

Awwww... I can see where you might get a little distracted! 8)
Your quilting is beautiful, and dividing up the project into manageable blocks is a wonderful idea.
I've got to get my quilt out again that I'm hand quilting. After taking a 3 month break, it's going to take a while to build my calluses up again though!

CathieJ said...

Your quilt is so pretty. I love your stitching view. So adorable.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sounds like a great way to get this quilt done! Love the photo of your little guy! He looks very mellow!

Vicki W said...

That's a cute little distraction!

Kate said...

A very cute distraction! Congrats on all the progress with the hand quilting.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...