Sunday, January 29, 2017

UFO Update: Tell it to the Stars

Judy Laquidara's UFO challenge for January called for #3 to be finished.

My number three was to completely hand quilt blocks number 9 and 10.  I finished that last week!
Since I still had a week to go, and my UFOs this year are all quilting parts of this quilt, I decided to tackle block 3, which was partially complete when I abandoned this almost two years ago.  Fortunately, despite a crazy busy week full of appointments, I managed to finish this block.  I was happy to discover more of the outlining was finished than I remembered, which really sped up the process.
 I love how the blocks look once finished.  I'm starting to feel excited rather than overwhelmed by this project again, so I'm grateful for the UFO Challenge and Slow Stitching Sunday to give me goals!

Bring on February's UFO challenge.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

14 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Beautiful texture! Your quilt is lovely.

Anne Ida said...

Wow, that is beautiful. Love the texture the quilting brings the block! Keep up the great work :-) Have a lovely Sunday!

Deb from frugal little bungalow said...

the blocks and your hand quilting are just gorgeous !

Deb A said...

Such beautiful texture you are adding to that pretty quilt. Glad the UFO challenge is working for you.

CathieJ said...

Your quilting is very pretty as are those blocks. Small goals make even the largest project manageable.

Karen said...

Such pretty fabrics in your quilt.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Wow, your quilting is just fantastic.

Chantal said...

Your hand quilting makes this quilt sing. Just gorgeous! ;^)

Quilter Kathy said...

So happy to hear that your excitement is increasing for this beautiful quilt!
Your hand quilting is beautiful!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

AnnieO said...

Oh it is so nice to get over the "hump of doom" with an abandoned project. Beautiful colors and hand stitching!

Kate said...

The quilting looks beautiful! It was a good goal for January. Hopefully your week has gotten better now that Monday is over.

Jennie in GA said...

What lovely quilting! You should definitely feel encouraged!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your hand quilting is beautiful! What a great idea to break the one quilt up into multiple UFOs for the challenge. Otherwise, there's just way too much work in a hand sewing project to try to finish in one month.

scraphappydenise said...

What a great way to "eat your elephant One bite at a time". I would not have thought to break an entire quilt into blocks each month. but then... most of my UFO's are quilts waiting for Machine quilting not hand quilting.

I love what I see so far.... you will be so proud when it's done!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...