Sunday, January 22, 2017

Hand Work

This week, I did manage to finish my UFO goal for the month, which was blocks 9 and 10 of my Tell it to the Stars (quilt design by Judy Laquidara).  Now I've decided to work on block 3, which is the place I stalled out when I stopped the hand quilting almost two years ago.  If I finish it this week, that will make another month a little easier!

My other hand work project for today is prepping the buds for my rose appliqué project.  This had been set aside after PK was born, as my hands during therapy are now busy with him rather than sewing.  That's fine, but I did realize that prepping these last few bits gets me pretty close to being able to lay out the entire project on the background fabric and see what I can manage next.  Of course, I'll be faced with a plethora of quilting questions at that point, and I'm not sure starting a new hand quilting project is wise when the last project has so far to go.  We'll see, I guess!
 Off to stitch and catch up on blog reading!  Be sure to check out other handwork each Sunday.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Your rose applique pieces are beautiful and they look very intricate.

Anonymous said...

What lovely purple roses! I have a lavender rose in my garden...it has the best fragrance of all of my roses! However, it sleeps under a winter fairyland right now.

Kate said...

Congrats on all the progress on Tell it To the Stars. Getting ahead sounds like a great plan. I love those purple roses! Looking forward to seeing that project come together.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...