Monday, June 24, 2019

Finished Quilt: Levi’s Quilt

And just like that, I have a finished (much more satisfactory) quilt.  Last month, I made a quilt that was intended for a special baby due in August.  Sadly, I was highly disappointed in the process, so I found the end quilt not up to my expectations.

This time around, I opted to hand quilt one of Vicki Welsh’s crystals.  It’s backed with some fun train fabric and bound with another Vicki Welsh fabric, I think actually a cut of waste fabric.  I love that the binding coordinates perfectly without any planning. The finished quilt is roughly 40” square.

My quilting mostly followed the pattern of the fabric with a little filling in of my own design.  I marked with a washable Crayola marker which came out perfectly in the wash.  I’m surprised how quickly the quilting went, and now I have an itching to start another (I do have a pink and purple crystal Miss G uses as a cape).  I think I will work on my hexagons instead of starting a new quilt; I don’t want that UFO list to grow too much!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...