Saturday, June 29, 2019

This and That

Early this week, I had the pleasure of finishing my four Tiny Tuesday/Scrappy Sampler blocks.  My photo is a hint blurry, and I see my Grandmother's Fan won't win any awards, but I'm very happy with the outcome of the blocks.  They are done in one try, and they are going to be glorious with the other blocks.
 In other news, since there's no rain (thank God) to report, here's a view of my machine.  I'm quilting the sashing right now, and then I'll decide what to do about the blocks.
It's finally gotten hot, the mosquitoes are out in force, and I unluckily received the first tick bite of the season.  Fortunately, we removed it without issue, and now we'll be paranoid for a while!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Please enjoy other inspirational blue projects this weekend!

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Don't you just hate mosquito season! I walked down to the garden before supper last night to see if there were any ripe tomatoes and got bit a couple times before I got back to the house - I hate having to spray myself every time I walk out the door but you almost have to - no rain predicted for this week if it stays true that will be one of the few weeks since last October that it doesn't!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love your Tiny Tuesday blocks, Katie! It's always fun to see how someone else puts them together!

maggie fellow said...

great blocks and I admire quilting on a domestic machine.

Pamela Arbour said...

Nice blue blocks. I am looking forward to seeing your quilting finished.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those Tiny Tuesday blocks look great in dark BLUE!!

Susie H said...

Your TT blocks looks great. I especially like the touch of yellow in the Unnamed Block! My husband likes me to go outside with him. He calls me the "mosquito attracter". He never gets bit but I seem to be gourmet! Lol!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...