Saturday, June 22, 2019

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Imperfectly Perfect

We had rain one day, and the longest day of the year was also our hottest and muggiest to date.  Last night, we had hours of dry lightning.  At least it was quiet, so no one but me was awake, and I enjoyed it.  Our garden needs weeding, but it’s so much better than last year, with my hand, that I’m not terribly concerned.

Please excuse the photo arrangement.  I’m on my way out the door to the farmers’ market.  As I wanted to finish this before I leave, I’m using my iPad and having a few minor issues!

This week, I made two more bags for Christmas presents.  I will get pictures at some point, but I just keep folding them up and putting them away so Miss G, who is back in a bit of a destructive phase, doesn’t cut or color any of them.

The next order of business was my second Lepidoptera block.  Can you see my mistake?  I’ve decided to leave it, since finding the right shade of ombré in the right size and amount might well be impossible without ordering more.  Surely God makes butterflies that aren’t perfectly symmetrical!

I also churned out my Garden Mosaic blocks this week.  I have lots of dark blue so I could have made more; this is enough for now.  When we get to year’s end and I take stock of blocks, I look forward to playing with these!



My final sewing mission for the week was to work on my whole cloth baby quilt.  I decided to trim and bind it so I could get a better feel for what I still need to quilt.  It’s almost done!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I definitely think you should leave your imperfect butterfly just the way he is! I'm not sure about butterflies, but we have lots of birds and squirrels in our yard, and they definitely do not all look the same, even in the same species. Your blue Garden Mosaic blocks are amazing!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty butterflies, perfect to me ;)

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a lot of progress in dark BLUE this week, Katie! That baby quilt is ready for a new baby. Smart thinking to binding it off to see where more quilting is needed!

grammajudyb said...

I say, Uniquely imperfect!! He is wonderful!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...