Saturday, June 15, 2019

Got the Blues?

This week...  a family close to us had a tragedy last Saturday, and we’ve been a bit numb and disconnected since then.  The bare minimum of yard work, etc., has happened, but not much else.  Friday was a long day, and I’m still recuperating from it.  In more cheerful news, my sister and her family joined us for three days this week, which was rejuvenating and distracting in a good way.

In the moments of self care, I did eke out one Lepidoptera block.  Alas, I have no more blue, so the second one for this month will be black.

Next up, I worked on a quick project, two more Christmas presents in the form of market bags.  The process isn’t too tedious, and at two a week they only take an hour or two from start to finish.  This week, I added pockets and the results are just right!

This next week will hopefully be a little more full of fabric!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

9 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

So sorry to hear about your neighbor's tragedy. Sending quilty hugs as you recover from the shock. LOVE your butterfly in dark BLUE!! I'm glad you were able to find a moment to sew.

Auntie Em said...

Your dark blue butterfly is lovely. Glad you had some time for "self care" as you described it. I think we all find spending time with our fabrics to be good therapy at one time or another.

Birthe Marie said...

Your blue butterfly block is beautiful! Sad that it has been a tragedy in your neighborhood. Glad you were able to have nice days with your sister. :-)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That blue butterfly is gorgeous, Katie! Glad you had some time to do some sewing this week - that is always a good form of self-care. Those market bags sound like a great idea for Christmas gifts!

Julierose said...

Lovely butterfly..sorry to hear of your loss....I find blue soothing when distressing things
occur....hugs, Julierose

Susie H said...

Your butterfly looks great. Good job!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love the blue butterfly. Prayers for the family with a tragedy.

Deb A said...

Your butterfly is beautiful! So sorry for the tragedy with the family friend. Hopefully the calming sewing has helped you through.. that and the family visit. Hoping the rain pattern goes back to normal for you.

Vicki W said...

I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor's misfortune. I'm glad you are taking a little time for yourself. I know you have precious little of it.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...