Friday, August 30, 2019

12 Things: August Update

This month, BJ joined the family early in the month, which set up a cascade of postpartum issues for me.  After my other children, recovery was quick and I sewed soon after.  This time, not so much.

August’s 12 Things goal was to, at the very least, finish the Block A set for my Irish Chain quilt.  Alas, I made it as far as sewing six sets together, but I won’t quite make the seventh strip set before the end of the month.  Still, the progress has been good.  I knew this quilt would take longer than a month, and since I’m pondering the insanity of hand quilting it, it may be even longer than this year to finish!

For September, I’ll be making a purple Christmas stocking.  In the background, I’ll keep working on my Irish Chain quilt.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hope the postpartum issues will be clearing up soon for you - quilting will be waiting for you

Julierose said...

Gosh sure hoping you will be feeling better very soon--hugs, Julierose

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...