Saturday, August 31, 2019

This, That, and the Other...

Last night, the household size temporarily expanded from 9 to 16, so there hasn’t been much sewing and probably too much cleaning, laundry, and cooking.  BJ is being baptized tomorrow, so family is coming to celebrate with us.

I finished my fifth Tiny Tuesday Block for the month, this time in orange and brown, and I tried hard to get my Garden Mosaic blocks done.  I have 52 finished, and the other 52 need one more seam to be done.  I am hopeful that I can whip them out when the daddies of the house take kids off for an adventure.  My Lepidoptera blocks, sadly, were a pie in the sky dream for this month, that that just means I’ll piece them in November.  All in all, I’m happy with my blue progress.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S.  Be sure to check out the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this weekend!

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Tiny blocks are just looking great! Enjoy having your family visiting, Katie!

Julie in GA said...

Your Tiny Tuesday blocks look great together! I'm impressed with how much you got done this month considering everything you've had happening.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Enjoy your time with the family, Katie. It's so nice they could be with your for BJ's big day!

Birthe Marie said...

Your Tiny Tuesday blocks are awesome! Nice to see them on the design wall.
I have to sew frames on many of mine and am looking forward to seeing how they stay together. :-)

Susie H said...

Your Tiny Tuesday blocks are beautiful. I hope the plan to sew up the Garden Mosaic blocks went as planned. Enjoy your visitors. They're what make life special .... and then you can really enjoy your sewing room again!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...