Saturday, August 24, 2019

Sewing Time

The first full week of school was suddenly, gloriously quieter.  Four kids are back to regular schedule, and next week Miss G will start preschool on her regular schedule.  I’m also feeling better, so having the kids occupied with brain-stretching school and not pleading for screens constantly means I’m resting better and able to sit down to sew every day.

This week, I finished all six light blue Great Granny Squared blocks.  This brings my total to 38.  I have five or six ready to go in purple.  I may be able to eke out a few in grey and black, and then I’ll work out a layout with what I have.  It feels good to know I’m almost done.

I also worked my way through another strip set sewn onto each of the remaining Irish Chain blocks.  These didn’t have to be pinned, which means they moved along faster.  I won’t have the blocks finished by the end of August, but I’ve made good progress.

There was a bit of secret sewing for the Teal Mini Swap this week.  Last week I made a decision on the mini design, and this week I quilted and bound it.  The label still needs to be finished, but I will have it ready to mail next week.

Once the granny blocks were finished, I pushed along my Garden Mosaic blocks.  All the half square triangles are sewn and half of them are pressed.  I should be able to finish them by the end of the month.

Finally, I’ve gone a bit rogue on my Tiny Tuesday blocks.  I won’t be making any more light blue blocks, but am now working on rounding out my collection with 6 blocks in each of the existing colors and 6 blocks still to come in purple.  I think the blocks will live on my wall until I’m done so I can see what fabrics I’ve used and which blocks would look best in the remaining colors.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Be sure to check out all the blue sewing this Saturday!

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So glad you're feeling better, Katie! I love your wall of TT blocks - 6 of each color is a great idea.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Ditto what "Little Penguin Quilts" said - I'm glad you're feeling better - and I love your blocks - you're making GREAT progress - ;))

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hooray!! SEW glad to hear that you had time AND felt well enough to stitch!!! Your TT blocks look great up on your design wall. Best of luck for a fantastic school year for the crew!

Julie in GA said...

It's so good to hear that you are feeling better. Your Granny Squares blocks look great, and I love your Tiny Tuesday blocks too!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...