Saturday, August 3, 2019

Sewing, Interrupted

I’m very delayed in posting today for good reason... Baby “BJ” was born yesterday, a whopping 9 pounds and 4 ounces, after a rather traumatic hospital experience for me.  We were supposed to be home already today, but the post-birth experience at this hospital as been as bad as the pre-labor.  But that’s a story for another time, when I’m less upset about it.
Nobody wanted to sit still for Dad!

In the meantime, I sewed early in the week, and I’m looking forward to some blue sewing in the coming weeks.  I need more 16-patches, and my blue-green Irish chain blocks will be a splendid accompaniment to my scraps.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

12 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Congratulations! A new baby is allowed to interrupt sewing time!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congratulations to one and all!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Congratulations, Katie, and what a lovely picture of all your kiddos! We'll all be thinking about you this week!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

these are all your kids! and you are blogging today? I'm be resting - hope to hear more of your story

Sheila said...

Congratulations! You have a beautiful family.

Kate said...

Congratulations on the newest addition to the family! Sorry things didn't go smoothly, hopefully it was more annoying and not life threatening.

Marly said...

Congratulations Katie on the arrival of BJ. Your family looks happy all together. I hope you have a speedy recovery from the birth; 9 pounds is a lot of baby!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Welcome BJ!! Thanks for a photo of the entire crew. I can't believe how big Miss G has gotten! The assistant looks so grown up, now.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BJ!! You have some beautiful kids, Katie - and I agree - the Assistant looks so grown up - ;))

Susie H said...

Fabulous news! Babies are fabulous interruptions! Rest up and I'm sure we'll be seeing you soon!

Kathy S. said...

CONGRATS!!! Welcome, BJ!!! What a great photo!

Chantal said...

What a beautiful family you have. Congratulations on the newest addition. What a blessing. Sorry to hear about the not-so-great hospital experience. Sending prayers and strength your way for a speedy recovery. ;^)

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...