Saturday, August 10, 2019

Blues...

I had high hopes of, at the very least, spending a few minutes each day at my sewing machine.  Unfortunately, this postpartum recovery has meant a lovely, healthy baby and an unwell mama.  It’s nothing permanent, just having a hard time.  Yes, yes, I know I’m meant to rest.  Lying in bed for a week makes me restless, so it has been challenging.  Fortunately, BJ is happy to lay in bed with me or in his bed, so he’s not restless.
PK is thrilled to be a big brother.

Sorting and scheming

JoJo didn’t want to miss out on his turn to hold the baby, but he was just a little tired.

At least today, after a short walk outside and a nap, I have my strips pulled out to do some cutting from my bed.  I will also pin strips for my Irish chain quilt as long as the pins hold out.  On a brief excursion down to my sewing area, I did discover Miss G or some other child has been in my drawers so the floor has become a bit of a minefield!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S.  I look forward to enjoying all the inspiration this weekend, even if it will make me itch to sew!


6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sorry your having a rough recovery that makes things hard - the quilting will wait your health doesn't

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Precious photos of your big and little boys together! Petting fabric does count, even if it makes you itchy to sew. :) Take good care of yourself!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I know you're restless and itching to sew - but take your time - it can wait - your health is much more important! Such sweet photos of your little ones - ;))

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW glad you've found a way to play with fabric WHILE you rest!! Those photos of the BIG brothers? PRICELESS!!!

Susie H said...

Love the pictures of everyone enjoying their new sibling. Glad you were able to take a short walk & nap -- I believe walks heal the soul -- and quite possibly the body as long as we take it easy! Here's to babies & good health. Your quilting projects will be so much more enjoyable when you feel renewed

Kate said...

Love the baby and kiddo pictures. The older ones have grown sooo much! Hope you feel better soon. I only had one kiddo, but it probably doesn't get any easier to recover. Hope you get in a bit of stitching time this week as you feel better.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...