Saturday, April 11, 2020

Baking Our Way to Easter

I think just about the time we get into our groove for continuing education, the school year will be over.  This week, one day was thrown off by my neurologist appointment (higher dose of medicine to see if we can knock down headaches more), another was disturbed by my Dillons grocery pickup (early so they have as many things in stock as possible), and Friday was no school for Good Friday.  Anyway, we’re doing pretty well, although clicking and inserting the right things in the right places to be “done” for the week may very well be the death of one or two kids.

In the meantime, we’re also in the throes of much baking for Easter.  We’ve baked through an alarming number of butter sticks.  Fortunately, I have plenty of everything to last us quite a bit longer.  After the grocery pickup Thursday, the goal is not to get groceries for as long as possible.  I may have offered my kids a bribe to keep them from complaining as things run out.  We have sugar cookies, lemon bread, lime bars, chocolate salted caramel Macarons, cream cheese mints, and coming up will be breadsticks and cinnamon rolls.  We like our sweets, and nothing will last long as there are nine of us and we are sharing with my parents.

Sewing took a very back seat this week.  I have a few foxes, a handful of masks, and a garden posey or two.  I am hoping next week I can find a way to sew more.  It always difficult for me when everyone is home.  Soon enough!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S.  Angela continues to be a marvelous hostess through all this!

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sorry you are still having headaches - did they ever decide what was causing them? stay safe and happy Easter to your family

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your treats sound yummy! Glad you could squeeze in a little sewing here and there, too. I love the foxes! I can imagine some kids take to the online learning really well, and other kids not so much.

maggie fellow said...

even a new normal doesn't feel normal. Your blocks look great

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hang in there, Katie! Hoping the med change will knock out those headaches once and for all. I can't believe you found a bit of time to do a little bit of Light/Bright BLUE sewing in the midst of all that baking this week!

Jenny said...

Mmm, lots of delicious baking at your place! But as you say, with nine in the household, it probably doesn't last long at all. Love your cute little foxes.

Vicki W said...

I hope you had a lovely Easter and that you can get your headaches under control. I love the foxes!

Kate said...

Fun foxes! The home schooling has to be a challenge. Hope they found the right dose for the headaches, that's no fun to deal with on top of all else. Hope this next week is much calmer.

Susie H said...

I like your priorities .... goodies over quilts last week. I too have quite a sweet tooth and I can tell you I better not run out of my sweets either! Of course it would be awful to run out of fabric but there is WAAAAAYYYY more fabric in my house than candy, cookies, cake, etc. Your RSC blocks are looking good!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...