Sunday, April 5, 2020

Stash Report Week #14 and 15 Minutes

I missed a day hand quilting (phooey).  Friday was a rough day for us, making sure all the assignments were done and turned in (we had a few gaps), keeping a certain child from driving everyone else mad (grrr), and then the weather turned cold!  Still, I’m 90 out of 95 days!  I have the first six motifs done in the empty spots.  Since these are easier on my back/hand, I’m currently trying to complete an entire block a day.  We’ll see... if it’s too challenging, I can drop back, but it would be so blissfully wonderful to finish the quilt by early June!  In this crazy world, things like a beautiful new quilt for my bed are the “simple” pleasures.

On the stashbusting front, I managed 10 masks this week.  I’m estimating 4 yards.  Somehow, 17 masks in, I still don’t have a nice pile of masks sitting around!  They’re going out the door as fast as I can complete them, and, admittedly, I am not finding multiple hours to cut and sew them.

It looks like I hit my goal for the year, already, but that’s great.  I think I may order some layer cakes for mask making, just to give me some fun prints.

IN this week: 0 yards
OUT this week: 4 yards

IN YTD: 3 1/4 yards
OUT YTD: 46 yards
YTD Total: 42 3/4 yards OUT

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Kate said...

That you are managing any time to stitch is pretty amazing! Hope things get into some sort of rhythm and order this week. It's hard as an adult to work from home and spend all day on the computer. The SIT struggled to get into the groove with all her college classes on line. I can't imagine how hard it is to get the kids to do school work when there are so many distractions at home. So yeah for a good week on both the stitching and the stash busting.

Christina said...

Great job on meeting your fabric out goal for the year already! That is great news, and yes layer cakes would be a perfect treat! Some days it is harder to find time to stitch, what is so great about it, is that it will be there tomorrow, and you will enjoy that time even more the next day as you know it is precious!

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...