Sunday, April 12, 2020

Stash Report Week #15 and 15 Minutes

Another week is over, and it went better than the week before (I think).  There’s significant stash movement this week, since I finished 11 masks and gave away a grocery bag of fabric for someone else making masks.  She is retired and has time on her hands, and it relieves me of the guilty feeling that I should be finding more time to sew masks.  I need a break.

IN this week: 0 yards
OUT this week: 14 1/4 yards

IN YTD: 3 1/4 yards
OUT YTD: 60 1/4 yards
YTD Total: 57 yards OUT

I’m very pleased with the stash usage.  I am happy to be giving fabric that is less loved to someone who will use it, and I would really, really like to make some nice big gaps on my shelves at the end of this year.  I placed an order with the Fat Quarter Shop, and it will eventually show up, but we already have plans for most of it.  Onward!

I did miss out on a day of hand stitching.  Life is just hard, and my previous sewing time was when all the big kids (and husband) were gone at school.  It is difficult to stop and sew when there are so very many things to do all the time!  I’m at 90 of 95 days, so it’s okay.  The block a day goal was too much, but I finished 3, so on I go!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z. 

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I found it very hard to make masks and stopped at about 50 - I'm sure the person you handed off fabric to well appreciate that. With children in the house and all that entails you get done with a lot I think.

Meloney said...

Helping is a good thing. If you can't make them, then helping someone else do it is the best! It is all appreciated. I do not enjoy making them.

Kate said...

I've made about 20 face masks, not my favorite thing ever to sew. But they all went to people in need, so that's the good part. Congrats on finding any time to stitch with all that's going on right now. Hope you can get in a few minutes every day just to preserve your sanity if nothing else.

dq said...

90 of 95 days is incredible! You should be proud of that.

I also gave a couple bags of fabric away to someone who was pumping out the masks faster than myself. I need a break too!

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...