Sunday, April 19, 2020

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

Another week is passed.  We are doing well, I think becoming acclimated to the current normal (which, apparently, may change at any moment!).  I did end the week sucked back into mask making as I finally decided how to change the pattern I was using to use only one strap instead of two.  Now my sister needs more masks, as they may end up required to wear one any time they leave the house (it’s suggested even if you’re walking in the park?!).  I’ll whip hers out this week.

I have ordered fabric, twice in fact, but it appears it may be another few weeks before it shows up.  Again, that intriguing current normal.  At the current pace, I think I will still be above my 40 yards out for the year.  I think I need to increase that goal to give me a reason not to shop more!  I am getting more oranges for the fox quilt, some bee fabric for the quilt with Spunky, and some layer cakes to spice up the mask making.

IN this week: 0 yards
OUT this week: 1 yard

IN YTD: 3 1/4 yards
OUT YTD: 61 1/4 yards
YTD Total: 58 1/4 yards OUT

This week, I hand quilted every day this week.  I didn’t manage seven blocks quilted, only four, but that’s fine.  It’s progress, and eventually, I’ll pick up steam again when I am close to the end.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so far around here we are only wearing a mask if we are in a store to do the grocery shopping as we know it is possible that we will not be six feet from someone. I do not understand the need to wear one when walking in a park though unless there are way more people outside then should be! I actually read one person saying they are wearing theirs daily and in their house too - there is no need for that I don't think!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...