Saturday, April 18, 2020

Making Progress

Over the weekend, coupled with a brief respite from cooking (I made a table full of food for Easter to make leftovers), I got a grip on my doldrums and made a plan for the week.  I set aside the burden of masks and mulled over the pattern changes I wanted to make.

Instead, I committed to one set of courtyard steps.  Happy, happy, happy.  (I don’t have any light blue!)

I am thoroughly enjoying these foxes (pattern by Elizabeth Hartman).  BJ’s color is orange, so most of the foxes will be various shades, and then I’ll make one fox in each of his siblings’ colors.  Now that I have the layout in my brain, these foxes are going pretty quickly.

There are a few more Garden Party blocks mixed in, but they were pulled off the wall earlier this week.

Spunky and I are collaborating on a quilt made from my bee fabric remnants.  She lays them out and I sew them.  They make good leader and enders.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. I’m linking up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this Saturday!

4 comments:

maggie fellow said...

sew glad you had some creative sew time

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love those foxes! The orange plus background turquoise-y fabric is a great combination. Plus, what fun to do a project with Spunky!

Jenny said...

Your foxes are great! Do hope your health is a little better these days. I remember you having to cope with horrendous headaches previously.


The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW cool that you are adding the other kids colors into BJ's quilt and I love that you and Spunky are doing a collaborative project!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...