Saturday, July 4, 2020

Independence Day

Happy Independence Day!  We certainly have room to grow and change, but it is still a day to celebrate.  I did a lot of cooking, took a nap, and didn’t get to my blogging very well at all today.

It feels quite celebratory to have the layout chosen and stacked up for the fox quilt.  I will be cutting strips for in between, but I can sew the foxes into rows without that decision being made.  I won’t have 8 to make full length quilt, but it will be plenty of years and washings before BJ outgrows this!

The Flying Stars are coming along swimmingly, with all the stars done and over half the flying geese.  Eek!  It won’t be long before I’ll be laying these out too.


I’ve also started back up on my hand pieced hexagons, and I snuck in this pink one before June was over.  After this big one is done, I have a dark blue ready to enjoy.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Just love those cute little foxy faces! This is going to be a fabulous quilt, and I'm looking forward to seeing it with the strips added. No rush, work on it when you can, I know you have such a busy home life!

Julierose said...

Just adorable foxes--what a lovely quilt...
I also like that "ashes of roses" color in the star centers...lovely and vintage looking
nice works ~ ~ hugs from afar ~ ~ Julierose

Kat Scribner said...

Wow. That is alot of foxes! He will love it.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, Katie! I'm SEW sorry that I didn't send enough fabric for you to finish one more row of foxes!!! :o((

grammajudyb said...

The fox quilt is fabulous! I really need to get that pattern and make a lap quilt or at least a pillow top for my daughter! She loves foxes!

Julie in GA said...

The rows of fox faces are wonderful! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilt!

Kate said...

Sounds like a lovely 4th of July, excitement is really over rated. Love the foxes. That's such a fun quilt. Looking forward to seeing your stars take shape. Happy stitching this weekend.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...