Thursday, July 30, 2020

What Does the Fox Say?

Woohoo!  I always enjoy the last inches of binding.  Knowing I’m “this close” to being done always urges me on my way.  Today, I stitched up the last side of binding on BJ’s fox quilt.

I love how this quilt turned out.  The pattern is by Elizabeth Hartman, and the directions were fabulous.  It will be short enough not to tuck in, but big enough for an adult to snuggle under it with BJ.  He turns one on Sunday.  It’s hard for me to believe he’s a year old.  I lost months to being unwell when he was first born, and now months to Covid 19.  But he’s a year old, a walker, a climber, a chatterer (who refuses to say mama but gleefully says dada and bubba), a terrible sleeper, and an all-around joy to have in our house.

Each fox is a different fabric.  Thanks to Joyful, I have a delightfully varied selection of fabrics, so it will be a great exercise in looking for different patterns, colors, etc.  The “non-orange” fabrics represent each of BJ’s siblings; tonight they’ve already identified which one is “theirs.”

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

seems like you just had that baby! happy birthday to the sweet little one

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fun finish, Katie!! I was SEW happy that I could help in the making of this quilt by sending some orange scraps your way. (SEW pleased to be returning the favor from the aqua fabrics you sent to help finish my friend's quilt a couple years or so ago!)

Kate said...

Such a fun and happy quilt! Congrats on getting it done before the big first B-day. Hope he has a great day with cake and family.

Vicki W said...

What a cute quilt! I think Elizabeth Hartman patterns are awesome. I love that there are specific colors for each sibling.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...