Sunday, July 19, 2020

Stash Report Week #29 and 15 Minutes

Hand stitching is coming along nicely.  I stitched every day this week, so I’m at 192/200 days for 2020.  I’m cutting hexagons with my punch, basting the fabric on the papers, and sewing them together into flowers or stars.  I have dozens to go, so there’s no risk of this ending anytime soon.  I enjoy then variegations in the fabric as I slowly piece them together.

Along the stash report lines, I’m pleased that I have a few more yards out this week.  I chose a little fabric for donation and made a yellow pillowcase for PK to go with his new sheets.  Next week, when DH takes five of the kids to stay at his family’s cabin (the only safe vacation spot available to us currently), I may or may not have ordered some fabric since I’m staying home.  Someone has to take care of the 90-odd meat chickens and keep the garden watered and harvested.  It will be a break for me as well, since only the oldest and youngest will be staying with me.

IN this week: 0 yards
OUT this week: 2 yards

IN YTD: 49 yards
OUT YTD: 134 1/2 yards
YTD Total: 85 1/2 yards OUT

I also finished off my 10th spool for the year.  It’s slower than years past despite my mask sewing this year!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

My sister and her family are making day trips to parks that are out of the area. It is a nice way to stay social distanced and yet still feel like they got some sort of vacation. I am glad you are able to get a change of pace as well.

Kate said...

You've done well with the stitching time and the stash management, even with the changes in daily routine. Enjoy your break. Hopefully the rest of the family will enjoy their break in routine.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...