Saturday, July 25, 2020

Scraps, Not Blue

I’ve been sewing and busy, but I don’t seem to have blue scraps to show you today.  And yes, I’m late in the day; there were potatoes to be dug, errands to run, and tidying to be done.  I will be grateful when all the planning that currently consumes my brain turns into practice so I can find some rest from the decision making and worry.  But on we go...

Sewing this week?

I basted the fox quilt.  Watch for a finish next week!

The pink flying geese from this month are all in rows for the body of the quilt.  They look a mess like this, but I ran out of room to arrange them.  I’ll get them sorted after the fox quilt is wrapped up.  They surely aren’t blue, but I’m not ready to set them aside just yet.

The temperature quilt has grown by another row this week.  It’s funny to realize more of the year has now been “after corona” than there was before it.  (I have it marked with a safety pin.  I’m not sure how to mark the change, but there will certainly be something.)

I think I’ll be sewing up some of Bonnie Hunter’s new leader and ender for a toddler quilt for one of my nephews.  I’m currently cutting them from my 2” strips, including plenty of blues, just in time to change colors next week!

DH took some of the kids to a cabin his family owns a few hours away.  It’s safe (no external contact), but a break from home.  My DH is most definitely not a home body, so this is good for him.

While DH has been gone, someone might have been given a cup of ice cream to finish off.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Be sure to visit Angela, the hostess of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.



6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your pink flying geese! And I spy stars in there, too! I'll enjoy seeing how you finish these off. Your temperature quilt us looking great - you can sure tell when summer hit! Enjoy your time at home while the rest of the family is at the cabin!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Such good progress, Katie, and oh how I laughed when I got to BJ's ice cream photo. TOO cute!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

some of the kids at the cabin with hubby sounds nice - a little quieter perhaps? Are all the kids going to be home schooled this year? I think it is too soon for kids back in school - my opinion - too much virus out there! great progress on the quilt

Vicki W said...

Oh he's so cute and very happy! The flying geese are looking good! Between inspiration from you and Wanda I'm starting to get an idea for a new quilt.

JanineMarie said...

Ooh, I love the geese flying up at an angle! The area around the cabin looks like a great getaway, but staying at home with ice cream seems equally fun!

Jennifer said...

your flying geese is pretty fantastic- love the angles and love the stars. your temp quilt is really looking rainbow-y. love it! i've "always wanted" to do one of those, but not sure that i ever will...

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...