Friday, June 25, 2021

Finished Quilt: Pineapple Farm

 I have a beautiful, finished quilt today!  The Assistant has a fondness for pineapples and picked the fabrics for this quilt.  I picked the backing and she picked the binding.  I think she made an excellent choice.  (The backing is horrifically washed out, which I didn’t realize until I uploaded it.  It’s Kona Cotton Horizon, so a much richer, brighter blue than the picture!)  The pattern is Pineapple Farm by Elizabeth Hartman.


Since I finished a major quilt, of course I started a new one.  This one is going to finish much faster, probably by mid July, as I already have the blocks made and most of the rows.  The backing will be this delightful gradient from Vicki Welsh (waves).  I’m calling it my haint quilt.  We now live in a 120 year old house with a lovely front porch.  I’m intrigued by the idea of painting the ceiling “haint blue” like many houses did in the South.  We have a porch bench, but the cats have taken it over for sunbathing.  Since it’s now covered in cat hair, it doesn’t make a very nice seat for humans.  This quilt will sit by the front door, and I can use it to cover the cushion so I can enjoy the view without the cat hair.  So it’s a variety of colors in the haint blue range, is super simple since it will be washed often, and a quick project to whip out.
from the room of Zana’s Ninis,

katie z.

3 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Awesome Quilt!!!! I love that pineapple!!!!

Ivani said...

It is Gorgeous!!!! Congrats !!!

Vicki W said...

You do have a beautiful quilt! I love everything about it. I also have a lot of problems photographing light blues. The camera washes it out every time.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...